Welcome to the Sustainable Event Alliance
We’re a global industry association and affiliation of organisations, events and individuals who are focusing on improving the sustainability outcomes of event production and to harness the powerful opportunity to advance and promote sustainable development through events.
The SEA offers event professionals a pathway to understanding sustainability issues in event planning and delivery. We’re a professional guild for individuals. We’re an industry association for events and event organisations. And we’re a network of like-minded organisations around the world all working in this space.
The SEA website has a knowledge bank of resources and how-to guides, brings suppliers and event planners together through a growing database of sustainable solutions providers, and offers a portal for networking and discussion around sustainable event management issues.
We set competencies that event industry professionals should aim to achieve in event sustainability knowledge and also let the industry know what they should expect from those who are advising, training or auditing them in event sustainability.
To unite event professionals, and together work towards increased attention to and knowledge of sustainability in event management.
- Provide a knowledge bank for events practitioners through the SEA website.
- Help events to navigate their pathway to sustainable event practice.
- Offer a portal for networking and discussion around sustainable event management.
- Communicate and create a commonality of best practice in sustainable event management across all industry sectors and the supply chain.
- Accredit event sustainability professionals – managers, consultants, auditors, trainers and sector specialists – setting competency standards.
- To spread the desire to reduce impacts of event production.
- To open up opportunities for innovation of sustainable production solutions within the industry.