The core objectives of the Sustainable Event Alliance are to:
- Create a space (virtual) where those currently actively involved in sustainable event management practices can network and exchange ideas.
- Engage those currently not involved with sustainable event management, which may benefit from further development and implementation of sustainable practices.
- Network with programs already in existence internationally.
- Provide access to resources in undertaking sustainable event management.
- Engage events in taking on Management Systems such as ISO 20121 or public sustainability reporting such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- To reduce the impacts of events.
- To encourage events to use their productions to demonstrate sustainability in action.
- To encourage event producers to engage audience participation in their sustainability initiatives.