SEA Accredited Professionals
SEA Accredited Professionals are recognised for their up-to-date knowledge and experience within the field of sustainability in event management and their competency to advise, assess or train others.
The accreditation process happens in four phases:
Only members of the SEA may apply to be an SEA Accredited Professional. Please join and/or sign in, to access the next steps of the accreditation process. Join the SEA here. First step is to let us know all about you, your previous history, types of events you've worked on and things you've achieved. Also whether you are an in-house sustainability manager, consultant, trainer, auditor or sector specialist.
The next phase of accreditation is to take an online assessment. This is 'open book' style, however must be undertaken in a 48 hour period. There are 75 questions in all across the following subject areas. Each section is a separate form so you can have breaks between sections and also to lower the risk of losing answers if you have a power failure. View the questions and get prepared for the exam.
Next is to contribute new knowledge to the sector and SEA members. For example providing a case study, discussion paper, research or other knowledge. You are also encouraged to participate in an industry forum, speaking engagement, expert panel or master class on event sustainability. You will be contacted after completing the online assessment to discuss what you would like to contribute.
After peer review of your application, online assessment and knowledge contribution, you will then be approved as an SEA Accredited Professional and authorised to use the recognition logo.
Requirements to become accredited:
- have a minimum of 24 months demonstrated sustainability-in-event-management practice which includes planning and delivery, including onsite operations.
- have held an operational role with responsibilities and decision-making authority on event planning and delivery.
- have gained required experience through professional experience or a combination of professional experience and education.
- have an understanding of sustainable development principles as they relate to event production.
- have the competency to identify sustainability issues as they relate to event management and to develop plans of action to deliver improved sustainability performance.
- have an understanding of the administrative, technical and regulatory requirements that are applicable to sustainability in event management