Welcome to the Sustainable Event Alliance (SEA), an association which aims to inspire events, organisers, venues and supply chain to be as sustainable as possible and to establish Australia as a sustainable event destination.
The Sustainable Event Alliance helps to resource those who wish to expand their current sustainability practice, or those who are at the start of their journey, to improved sustainability performance.
We encourage all sectors of the industry to play their part in Australia being recognised as a sustainable event destination.
Start Your Sustainability Journey
SEA's Sustainability Roadmaps help events and venues navigate towards improved sustainability performance. Suppliers and temporary food traders can also undergo a checklist process to assess their performance and let us know their sustainability credentials. Click through to begin your journey:
1 Become a member
2 Sign up to the Roadmap, s.Venue Finder, s.Supplier Database
3 Commit to improved sustainbility performance
4 Use the logo
Key Industry Organisations
The following are key industry organisations in Australia which may also be helpful in producing events sustainably:
- Association of Australian Convention Bureaux (AACB)
- Business Events Australia
- Business Events Council of Australia
- Events NSW
- Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA)
- International Event Coordinator Network (IECN)
- International Special Events Society Australia & New Zealand
- Meetings and Events Australia
- Melbourne Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Northern Territory Convention Bureau
- Sydney Business Events
- Sydney Unique Venues Association
- Victorian Major Events Company