Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the means by which events industry professionals maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge and skills and develop the personal qualities required as a practitioner in the events industry.
Issues such as safety and risk assessment are examples of knowledge that may have had to be learnt, and formalised, in recent year.
As pressure for sustainably produced events is increasingly being felt by the industry from stakeholders ranging from the audience, to licensing and funding bodies, it is incumbent on events industry practitioners to continue their professional development and learn the skills they need to do so.
The Sustainable Event Alliance encourages all events industry professionals to make a conscious effort to update their knowledge and skills in this area, to improve competence and understanding of the issues. By keeping up to date on sustainability issues and opportunities and continuously seeking to improve, our members are both optimising career opportunities along with benefiting the planet.
What can you do?
- Encourage a discussion panel or break-out workshop on sustainability at events industry conferences.
- Undergo formal training - look for sustainable event management courses.
- Arrange workplace training workshops for your team.
- Engage a sustainability consultant to work with you on your event and learn through your engagement with them.
- Sign up to a sustainable event management system and track your performance.
- Contribute to discussion forums, post questions and challenge your peers.
- Read a book on the subject!
Those sustainability experts which guide the event industry to increased sustainability performance are also recognised and accredited by the SEA. This includes In-House Events Sustainability Managers, Consultants, Trainers, Auditors or Sector Specialists. Find out more.
Endorsed Training Providers
We endorse those training courses which have demonstrated comprehensive content and competent trainers and have an alignment with registered training organisations/education institutions in their country of origin. Click through to view a list of SEA endorsed training courses.