Event organisers are actively seeking out venues which are built and operated sustainably and whose sustainability credentials will add to the performance outcomes of the event.
Choosing a venue with sustainability credentials already in place will help to significantly improve the sustainability performance of an event.
Organisers are encouraged to consider the following when looking for the ‘most’ sustainable venue for their event:
- Choose venues close to attendee location.
- Choose venues which have been built with ‘green building standards’.
- Choose venues which are sustainably operated and have been independently assessed and certified. If no certifications are in place then to enquire if the venue has any sustainability initiatives in place.
- Choose venues which engage their staff, performers and inform their patrons in their sustainability goals.
- Choose venues which measure their impacts and disclose their performance.
Read more here about our suggestions to event organisers seeking sustainable venues.
To help this process along we list venues with sustainability credentials on this website through our Venue Finder database >>> to the right!