The internship role can be undertaken by any student or a recent graduate with a relevant degree or diploma in event management, tourism, sustainable leadership, environmental issues, or similar.
We are also accepting internships for those with some industry experience looking to skill-up in sustainability. We would also be interested in hearing from people looking to transition to event sustainability.
All interns must come with some understanding of the event industry and the basics of sustainability in practice.
The virtual position provides interns with the opportunity to manage their own time and be involved in the work of SEA no matter their location. The internship operates ‘virtually’ in that interns would do the bulk of the work from online, at home or at their education institution.
The interns must choose a country/region befitting their knowledge and experience, which means it does not necessarily need to be their home country, but a destination which they have thorough knowledge and/or experience of.
Every intern can choose the duration of their internship, which is agreed upon prior to its start.
Every diligent intern has the option of prolonging the internship or being promoted to a coordinator/representative, as suggested by their supervisor and the SEA Board.
Upon successful completion of the internship, a certificate is awarded. Their responsibilities are listed below:
- Learning thoroughly SEA’s site and how to operate within it (utilising WordPress)
- Creating a country/region profile (if not already existing)
- Helping enlarge the supplier database for the country/region, by learning about the sustainability aspects of various areas of the supply chain in that region
- Help with ongoing tasks and programmes undertaken by SEA
- Support the social media presence of SEA
- Edit the news service and seek and publish sustainable event news stories
- Provide regular reports to the supervisor
- Support the supervisor with all day-to-day tasks assigned