- Provide a knowledge bank for events practitioners through the SEA website.
- Help events to navigate their pathway to sustainable event practice.
- Offer a portal for networking and discussion around sustainable event management.
- Communicate and create a commonality of best practice in sustainable event management across all industry sectors and the supply chain.
- Accredit event sustainability professionals – managers, consultants, auditors, trainers and sector specialists – setting competency standards.
- To spread the desire to reduce the impacts of event production.
- To open up opportunities for innovation of sustainable production solutions within the industry
- Create a space (virtual) where those actively involved in sustainable event management practices can network and exchange ideas.
- Engage those currently not involved with sustainable event management, which may benefit from further development and implementation of sustainable practices.
- Network with other event sustainability and related programmes.
- Provide access to resources to approach great sustainable event management.
- Engage events in taking on Management Systems such as ISO 20121 or public sustainability reporting such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- To reduce the impacts of events.
- To encourage events to use their productions to demonstrate sustainability in action.
- To encourage event producers to engage attendee participation in their sustainability initiatives.