Sustainable Event Alliance
The SEA was founded in 2009 by a group of events professionals specialising in event sustainability. It has now grown to a truly global guild of events and individuals committed to using the power of events for good.
We work together to set the markers of what good practice in sustainable event management looks like.
With sustainability in event management thankfully becoming more mainstream and of interest by the whole of the event industry, we are now a growing global affiliation of organisations, events, and individuals who are focusing on improving the sustainability outcomes of events.
Together we're committed to harnessing the powerful opportunity to advance and promote sustainable development through events.
Our vision is to unite event professionals and together work towards increased attention to and knowledge of sustainability in event management, ultimately to reduce the impacts of events, to play their part in restoring and regenerating natural systems and in creating a fair and healthy world for all.
Watch a video to hear more about the spirit behind the SEA.
Our mission is to:
- Provide a knowledge bank for events practitioners through the SEA website.
- Help events to navigate their pathway to sustainable event practice.
- Offer a portal for networking and discussion around sustainable event management.
- Communicate and create a commonality of best practice in sustainable event management across all industry sectors and the supply chain.
- Accredit event sustainability professionals – managers, consultants, auditors, trainers and sector specialists – setting knowledge benchmarks for competency and expertise.
- To spread the desire to reduce impacts of event production.
- To open up opportunities for innovation of sustainable production solutions within the industry.
The SEA is a not for profit and established as an ‘Incorporated Association’, registered in NSW, Australia. It was incorporated in July 2010. Incorporation number: INC9893674. View SEA Constitution.
View recent Annual Report.
The SEA Board sets the strategic agenda for the organisation, and ensures transparent and ethical governance. The board members are the legal representatives of the SEA and ensure the implementation of the association's constitution, that all dealings are transparent, and that the financial control of the association meets the requirements of Incorporated Associations under the Associations Act of Australia.
Event sustainability and relevant subject specialists form the Leadership Team and drive the day to day operation of the Sustainable Event Alliance. They advise the board however have no board voting rights or any legal fiduciary responsibility. Meet them!
The Sustainable Event Alliance is a professional guild for event sustainability practitioners, specialists and experts.
Our supplier and solutions databases help you fast track your event towards being clean, green, zero-waste, fair, friendly, and climate responsible.
This website is hosted on renewable energy powered servers. View our certificate.
© Sustainable Event Alliance. All rights Reserved