Years experience in sustainable event practice: 7
Email: cesare @ punto3.info
Details of Experience:
I’m partner of Punto 3, an Italian environmental consultancy agency (www.punto3.it), and manager of sustainable events sector (our website dedicated to the sector www.eventisostenibili.it) since 2013.
In 2008 I graduated in Environmental Sciences at Bologna University with a master degree on sustainable events: a study aimed to test the application of Environmental Management System at big cultural and entertainment events. The degree’s case study was the Rototom Sunsplash Festival, the greatest European Reggae Festival (www.rototomsunsplash.com).
In 2009 I received an annual research grant, delivered by Spinner Consortium, for the innovation and development of the Italian certification standard Eventi Sostenibili®, released by Punto 3.
I’m energy auditor for buildings performance and internal auditor for ISO 20121 (accredited in 2011, before for BS8901 and then ISO 20121) by British Standard Institution.
With my company, we have implemented several SEMS according ISO 20121 for: organizers, events and event’s suppliers. In this period I supported the sustainable organization of differ type of events (fair and exhibitions, exhibition stands, festival, meeting, sport events, etc.), for public bodies and private companies in Italy and abroad (UAE, BR, UE). I collaborated in European researches, like ZEN project (zen-project.eu). With Punto 3 staff, we published several guidelines for sustainable event organization and I carry out training activities targeted to the same themes.
- Degree in Environmental Science with a master degree on sustainable events (case study Festival Rototom Sunsplash)
- Energy efficiency auditor for buildings performance
- Internal auditor for ISO 20121 (accredited in 2011 for BS8901 and then ISO 20121 by British Standard Institution)
List of Events and Projects Worked On:
Helping my clients to achieve ISO 20121:
- 2013 Delphi International (organizer)
- 2013 First Italian Summit of Communication Manager (event, Milan - 11/07/2013)
- 2012 GRIS (event supplier: graphic and architectural design of temporary spaces)
Consultancy for the sustainable organization of events (below some events):
- 2013 18^Tricolore Marathon of Reggio Emilia / Promoter: Tricolore Sport Marathon
- 2013 Appetitosamente, trade fair / Promoter: Comune di Siddi (OR)
- 2013 S’Ardia, traditional festival / Promoter: Comune di Sedilo (OR)
- 2013 XX Sagra “de su Pani Saba” / Promoter: Comune di Sini (OR)
- 2013 8° Congresso Regionale UISP Emilia Romagna / Promoter: UISP Emilia Romagna
- 2012 Conference on the European project ERNEST / Promoter: APT Emilia Romagna
- 2012 Emilia Romagna Regional Conference on LIFE+ project Ecorutour / Regione Emilia Romagna
- 2012 Book launch event “Green Brand 2012” at the Salone del Libro in Turin / Organizer: b&p Communiction
- 2012 Exhibition stand at FIA 2012, Farnbourogh (UK) / Promoter: Finmeccanica S.p.A.
- 2011 Exhibition stand at UITP 2011, Dubai (UAE) / Promoter: Finmeccanica S.p.A.
- 2011 Exhibition stand at IDEX 2011, Dubai (UAE) / Promoter: Finmeccanica S.p.A.
- 2011 Exhibition stand at Ecomondo 2011, Rimini (IT) / Promoter: Gruppo Mauro Saviola
- 2011 Exhibition stand at LAAD 2011, Rio de Janeiro (BR) / Promoter: Finmeccanica S.p.A.
Research and Training Activities:
- 2012/2013 ZEN Project, research activities for European Zero-impact cultural heritage Event Network (ZEN Project)
- 2013/2014 Implementing first Italian guidelines for the organization of sport events
- 2011/2012/2013 “400 ore di GGP” Training project aimed to diffuse in several Italian municipalities green procurement criteria for event organization (www.400oregpp.it)