SINCE OUR INCEPTION, HARVEST & REVEL HAS BEEN COMMITTED TO CREATING DELICIOUS FOOD THAT FEELS GOOD FOR OUR BODIES AND IS BETTER FOR OUR PLANET
Choosing the Right Ingredients
The ingredients we use are all natural, organic, antibiotic-free, hormone-free and are sourced from our local farm + purveyor partners in New York, New Jersey, Vermont, and more.
Our menus are vegetable focused- but we do often use animal protein and when we do, we make sure that we’re working with cage-free, pasture-raised, grain-free meats and wild-caught seafood only.
Sourcing local and organic ingredients is not a trend to us- we’ve been doing this since we started because we know that ingredients grown without harmful chemicals that have a smaller carbon footprint not only taste better and are better for our bodies- but are also more sustainable for our planet.
Low Waste Commitment
Harvest is committed to reducing food waste in both our commercial kitchen production and event venue work through the following practices:
- Employing creative techniques to process the full ingredients to create new dish components (such as carrot top pesto, housemade jams made out of fruit ends, or making a bread pudding using day-old bread)
- Using only eco-friendly, recyclable, consumable plateware + flatware packages when our clients order disposables packages through us
- Avoiding single-use individual plastic water bottles at events
- Composting food scraps that cannot be used
- Recycling at both the prep kitchen and in event venues
Harvest is also a proud partner of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, an organization that is dedicated to helping the hungry by rescuing leftovers and donating that food to local homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and elderly care centers.
Partnering with Like-Minded Corporations + Venues
Harvest prioritizes working with venues and corporations who have a similar mission of low waste and eco-sustainability.