The Macleay Hotel has implemented a number of green initiatives such as;
- 1A recycle programme for all paper, plastic and glass. 2. A recycle programme for office administration including - paper, batteries, printer cartridges.
- New windows were recently installed in the building all windows are able to be opened
- New lifts have just been installed - new lifts using a quarter of the energy as the old lifts.
- Water saving devices have been installed in toilets
- Guests are able to make the decision on when they would like their towels and sheets laundered.
- Motion and light sensor lighting installed in common areas.
- Only "Green" chemicals used for cleaning of rooms
- Ceiling lights in all apartments have been replaced with lamps, guest can control how much lighting they require.
- Energy saving appliances are used in guest rooms and guest laundries.